ABOUT THE COURT
About Gaffney Municipal Court
Schedule of Court Terms
Criminal and Traffic Court
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Code Enforcement and Contempt's are held once a month on Friday.
- All hearing start at 9:30 am
- Please be sure to check in for court at the window located in the lobby.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately for court (NO SHORTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE COURTROOM)
We have four terms of Jury Trials per year.
Prelims are held once a month on Wednesday. The court staff cannot give you legal advice. If
have legal questions, please call your attorney, if you do not have an attorney, call the solicitor's
office to discuss your case.
Cherokee County Solicitor's Office 864-487-2576
Public Defender's Office 864-514-3123
- Honorable Joseph L. V. Johnson, Municipal Judge
- Honorable Kaye Allison, Municipal Judge
- Honorable Collis Edwards, Municipal Judge
- Tammy Humphries, Clerk of Court
- Christy Knight, Deputy Clerk
- Janna Henry, Records Clerk
- Court Bailiffs: Jack Garrett and Glenn Bolin
Citations can also be paid in person with cash, or credit card, debit or Apple Pay, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE CREDIT CARD PROCESSOR CHARGES 3.5%. We also take these forms of payment; cashier's check, or money order, you can make these payments in person or by mail. All payments by mail should include either a copy of the citation or a reference to the citation number. Citation numbers can be found on the bottom right-hand side of your citation. You may also use the drop box for afterhours payments.
In office payments accepted
Monday through Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am -3:45 pm
Payment line phone number 855-581-2430
Municipal judges set bonds daily at 8:30 am and 4:30 pm in the City Hall Courtroom. (Weekends and holidays are included.)
Bondsmen who intended to post bonds for someone who is incarcerated should be sure to tag that person at the detention center and then email the city judges 1 hour prior to the bond.
Inmates are not housed in our facility. If you need information concerning an inmate, you should contact:
Cherokee County Detention Center
315 L.M. Rosemond Lane
Gaffney, SC 29340