Welcome to the City of Gaffney Finance Department. Our department is made up of highly dedicated and capable employees who handle a wide range of financial duties for the City. Among these duties are billing and collection of property taxes, issuing business licenses, collection of hospitality and local accommodations taxes. This department conducts an annual property tax sale that is held on the first Monday of October each year. Our department is responsible for processing and paying all city bills. The Finance Department also performs an important function for its employees by calculating and issuing payroll checks.
The Finance Department performs a wide range of accounting duties. These duties include assistance in preparing the annual budget and assistance with the annual audit.
The Finance Department is here to serve the citizens of Gaffney. We look forward to hearing from you and are willing to help with questions that you may have.
- Accommodations Tax Application Packet 2023 (PDF)
- Hospitality Tax Coupon (eForm)
- Local Accommodations Tax Return (eForm)
- Sanitation Roll Out Cart (eForm)
- 2022 Auditor Report (PDF)
- 2021 Auditor Report (PDF)
- 2020 Auditor Report (PDF)
- 2019 Auditor Report (PDF)
- An annual tax is levied and imposed upon all City of Gaffney property not tax-exempt.
- Real estate and property taxes are collected by the Cherokee County Treasurer on behalf of the City of Gaffney.
- Taxes are based on the assessed value of the property and mailed out to the property owners each year around the end of September and are due without penalty on or before January 15th.
- For information regarding delinquent taxes or tax sales please call 864-487-2541.